For expat residents in Dubai who want to travel to the United States, you may need to apply for a US tourist visa beforehand depending on your nationality. In case you should secure a visa, here are the steps on how you can apply for one.
As of this time, there are only about 38 countries who can travel to America for 90 days visa-free. If you do not belong to this list, then read further below for the requirements, procedures and other helpful information.
How to Apply for a US Tourist Visa in Dubai, UAE
Do take note that the details posted here may change without notice and it’s best to contact the Consulate General of the USA office for updated info.
US Visa Requirements
Applying for a visa in the USA requires the usual documents that are required for applying for a visa in other countries and they are as follow:
- Passport (must be valid for at least six months beyond your designated stay)
- Non-immigrant Visa Application
- Application payment receipt
- 2 x 2 photo (Have a digital copy because you need to attach it when you apply online later)
- Bank statement, or some proof that you can sustain your needs when you go to a trip.
Non-immigrant Visa Application Form
To get the non-immigrant visa form, you can visit this link (https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/) and accomplish the document. Once done be sure to print a hardcopy of the form.
Visa Application Appointment
- Proceed to this link
- Choose the Non-immigrant Visa applicant since you’ll only be touring there.
- Create an account
- Fill out all the necessary details they will require
- Pay for the fee of your visa
- After that you’ll be given a digital receipt
- Print the receipt and bring it along with you on the day of the interview
After that you’re basically done, you just need to wait for the appointment date and proceed. Just make sure that you have answers to basic questions like
- Why do you want to travel to the United States?
- Why did you choose to travel at this time?
- How much money do your earn?
- Who will sponsor your trip? and so on…
If you’re answers are vague and all over the place the interviewer might not approve your visa so just keep calm and don’t get nervous. Remember that if you plan to travel for a holiday, you should prepare your itinerary and plans beforehand so you can easily answer. If you don’t have anything to hide, there’s nothing to worry about, right?
- Come to the interview center earlier than the schedule to allot some time and ensure that you won’t be late.
- There’s a chance that you’re request for a visa may not be approved so don’t go immediately book activities without assurance that you would be approved to go there.
Address: Al Seef Road, Umm Hurair 1,Bur Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Contact Number: +971 4 309 4000
Website: Consulate General of USA in Dubai
Map Location of Consulate General of USA in Dubai
Below is a Google map guide to the Consulate General of the United States office in Bur Dubai. Please be guided accordingly.