If you’re one of the many that was swept by the Hallyu and currently itching to travel all the way to South Korea then hold your horses for a minute first and learn how you will be able to acquire a Visa that will permit you to come in contact with those cultural heritages and mouthwatering dishes of the land of the morning calm.
If you’re a resident of UAE and holds a UAE passport then lucky you, because you won’t need to trouble yourself of doing all of this extra paperwork just to get to South Korea. The reason for this is because South Korea is one of the 155 countries that UAE residents can travel to without a visa.
However, If you’re a not a local or still doesn’t possess a double-citizenship then you may want to keep on reading to know the guidelines on how to get a hold of visa for South Korea at UAE.
How to Apply for a Korean Visa in Dubai
Before going to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea make sure that every document is already at hand to not cause delays to your visa application.
- Visa Application form (download the file through this link)
- Copy of residency
- Passport sized photo (white background)
- No objection letter (acquire through the company your working under)
- Bank statement (or proof that you have the means to pay all of your travel expenses)
- Plane ticket
- If you have a sponsor for your trip to South Korea then be sure to bring documents regarding the sponsor.
Step by Step Guide to Getting a Korea Visa in Dubai, UAE
- Visit the Consulate General of the republic of Korea
- Ask for a ticket number that will be used to call your attention later for submission of requirements
- Once called submit the documents
- Answer the questions that will be ask promptly.
- Keep the receipt that they will give.
- After 4 working days the visa is usually ready for claiming.
- The office of the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea is open through Sunday to Thursday, from 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- The claiming of Visa is schedule every 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm only.
- Additional requirements might be requested after application or depending on your situation (Ex: marriage certificate, sponsor’s bank statement, etc.)
Address of the Consulate General of Korea: Villa #39 24 B St, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Phone: +917 4 344 9200
Website: Consulate General of Korea