All fans need to know about The Arena – the all-new indoor venue on Yas Island – ahead of UFC 242 and a concert by Red Hot Chili Peppers
After weeks of intensive build-up Abu Dhabi Showdown Week, the seven-day entertainment festival organised by the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi) to complement the UAE capital’s mega UFCâ 242 event, is officially underway.
Although the Abu Dhabi Showdown Week programme takes place across the emirate, the largest spectator events take place in The Arena, the all-new, indoor venue on Yas Island. Headline events include a concert by the Red Hot Chili Peppers on September 4, the UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier weigh-in on September 6, and the hugely-anticipated UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier mega event on September 7.
To ensure ticket holders enjoy smooth access to and from the purpose-built venue, which is located next to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi on Al Maha Street, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi Showdown Week organisers have released comprehensive travel and access information.
THE ARENA: A GUIDE FOR ABU DHABI SHOWDOWN WEEK TICKET HOLDERS on YAS ISLAND
While full information can be found on the event website – www.adshowdownweek.ae – here is the main advice for ticket holders:
- The Arena can be found on Google Maps by entering ‘THE ARENA’, located on Al Maha Street, Yas Island.
- While planning their journeys to Yas Island, ticket-holders are advised to allocate contingency time based on their expected arrival time. Organisers recommend adding an additional 60 minutes to the anticipated travel time to factor in variables such as traffic, parking, shuttle bus journeys and entry to The Arena.
- Gates Open:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: 6pm
- UFCâ 242 Weigh-In: 3pm
- UFCâ 242: 5.15pm
- The UFC Fan Experience is open on Friday and Saturday for ticket-holders only.
- There is an extensive F&B offering on-site. No outside food or drink will be permitted.
- There are no storage facilities or cloak rooms on-site for ticket-holders at The Arena.
- Large bags will not be admitted into The Arena.
- The Arena will be set to a temperature of 24 degrees Celsius. If ticket-holders are concerned about feeling chilly, it is advisable to bring an extra layer of clothing.
- There will be an ATM at the UFC Fan Experience adjacent to The Arena.
- The Arena is a non-smoking venue, this includes the use of e-cigarettes and / or vapes. There are designated smoking areas outside The Arena.
- By Car: There is no general parking at The Arena. Ticket-holders for events at The Arena should follow signage to the allocated parking sites on Yas Island. Shuttle bus services will transport ticket-holders between the remote parking sites and The Arena – only ticket-holders will be granted entry to shuttle bus services. The estimated shuttle bus journey time to The Arena is 6-8 minutes. Shuttle bus services commence at 3pm from September 4 -7. VIP ticket-holders have designated parking on-site at The Arena.
- By Taxi: Taxis have access to drop ticket-holders directly outside The Arena.
- By Careem: Ticket-holders can use the code ‘ADSW19’ to avail a 40% discount on travel to and from The Arena, up to a maximum of AED 40 per journey and capped at two trips.
- Tickets cannot be collected and will not be on sale at The Arena for any event taking place at the venue.
- Tickets for events at The Arena must be purchased in advance from www.ticketmaster.ae or Virgin Megastores outlets.
- Original printed tickets and authentic electronic tickets are the only forms of ticket accepted at The Arena.
- Copies, photocopies, photos of tickets and all other reproductions of authentic electronic tickets will not be accepted at The Arena.
To find out the latest Abu Dhabi Showdown Week updates, visit www.adshowdownweek.ae or follow @ADShowdownWeek on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Here’s a Map Guide to the said event: